View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear ladies,

This illness has the ability to demoralize our mind, body and soul. You all have a wonderful place to go and you should go there. Just close your eyes take some deep breaths and imagine that you are there and you will be.

For me, I visualize a long winding road surrounded with trees and lively animals. I love to walk, so I imagine that I am walking down this road surrounded with nothing but peace and unconditional love. I love to watch the animals, I listen to the birds, the squirrels, the deer, the owls, carrying on with their lives. They do not fear me, they do not run, they just carry on. I always include a bench along the side of the pathway, where I can sit and rest, and there is where I talk to God, and sometimes I just listen.

Ada, don’t worry about the baby-shower, I understand the mental challenge of trying to attend a family function. I have forced myself to attend such family functions, the anxiety, the fear, the pain, but I would go and only stay an hour or so (that was the best I could do), and I still got criticized for not staying long enough. I do not worry about those things anymore. I, you and probably everyone one else who is inflicted with this condition do the very best that we can do in a day and that just has to be enough because it’s all we got! Don’t beat yourself up over something that you cannot change. Be patient with yourselves, climb that mountain and enjoy the serenity that it produces, enjoy the warm breeze on the beach and take that walk (no walking off the face of the earth) just enjoy the walk.

God bless you all, I wish you all peace and serenity.

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (01-26-2010), loretta (01-25-2010), NJsteve (01-25-2010), SandyRI (01-25-2010)