View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank u for your prompt response..u are amazing:)

BRYANNA...
THANK U SO MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE!! I did not check my email here until just now..at 2:25am, Monday morning. I wish I had checked before, because I would've written back sooner...
U are sooooooooo amazing...how much time do u put into this website?
U should be getting paid for your expertise here, but if u were, I wouldn't be able to pay for your advice, because my dental bill has made me go BROKE!

Ok..I am VERY SCARED right now...
I HAD NO SKIN taken from the roof of my mouth at all..the ONLY skin that was taken from my mouth (to graft over the bone graft, over the extraction site) was cheek skin, pulled taught, over my tooth #14 extraction site.
It is STILL SWOLLEN and very sore..with a feeling that someone punched me hard in the face, and then filled that area with cement...a very sore, strange, tight, feeling.....
I am SCARED BEYOND BELIEF right now that I am in a TERRIBLE PREDICAMENT that will never heal. I am panicking..and last night, I broke down crying..in terrible pain, wondering if this nerve pain through my face and jaw will ever stop...or heal properly.
I have ALREADY suffered from facial nerve pain and TMJ since the age of about 14..and, as an adult, this facial nerve pain worsened (BEFORE this extraction procedure), most likely due to my teeth not coming together perfectly...and/or a neck problem causing the jaw and teeth not to come together perfectly. (If u saw me, you would think I have a perfect smile..with straight teeth, that look like I have always taken care of them.)

I have not met ANYONE who has EVER heard of this "taking the skin from the cheek" procedure and stretching it out over a bone grafted tooth extraction site". And, to make matters worse...my dentist is now gone for a whole week, probably enjoying his $4,500 vacation that I paid for...lovely, huh??
(I will, however, try to talk to whatever dentist he hopefully has on call while he is away.)

I swear to you..there was NO skin taken from the roof of my mouth.
(That, by the way, sounds just as painful!! Is it??)
On another note, I dont understand why, if a dentist is using cadaver bone for a bone graft, why that same dentist can't use tissue from a cadaver (or other material) to do the skin graft! WHY DO DENTISTS NEED TO USE A PERSON'S OWN SKIN to fill in a bone grafted extraction site?? Doesnt the skin grafting cause UNNECCESSARY pain?? I mean, isnt a tooth extraction painful ENOUGH on its OWN??

Right now, I sit here with nerve pain going through my whole face...WORSENED BY THIS CHEEK SKIN PULLING PROCEDURE (that apparently my dentist made up???)
If u look at a diagram on Wikepedia.com, of the facial nerves...my entire facial nerve has been affected (and my past facial pain of the past 25 yrs DOUBLY worsened) by this so-called procedure. The pain runs from my jaw area, into the cheek around the sinus cavity, down the cheek bone, into the middle of the lower jaw..and down around the lower teeth, towards the chin. I am NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, to say the least.

PLEASE..there has to be SOMEONE who knows of this procedure my dentist used...
I am so scared...
Is there anyone you can think of who might know?? (I doubt it, because u seem to KNOW EVERYTHING ALREADY!!)

In the meantime, I am trying HARD not to let myself panic. I am trying hard to tell myself that this dentist MUST have a reason for what he did..that I WILL HEAL in time, but there is alot of fear that sits inside of me, because of all the pain I have ALREADY been in throughout the years, and the pain I was already in BEFORE my tooth extraction, with my jaw and face.

THANK U for being here for me...I am not sure what to do with myself for a whole week before my dentist returns from his well paid for vacation...

Maybe u can give me some pro-active advice??
Thanks so much...
Kimberly

P.S. Have a great day...u really are the best...
motivate4change is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote