View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 03:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Two more questions...

Bryanna..
Sorry that I forgot to ask these two questions before..

1.) I have heard about the dangers of NOT closing up an extraction site right away, when there was an infected tooth extracted.
This dentist removed the tooth (in 4 pieces)..according to him, my tooth did not break, and came out in 4 pieces, all in tact. When the tooth was extracted, you could clearly see the infection, stuck to the tooth. (I even saw it..it looked like red jelly, stuck to the tooth. Now that I think about it, could that have been pulp tissue I saw, and NOT the infection, or abscess?)

The dentist told me that, after he extracted the tooth, he debrided some of the bone, to clean the bone area of infection, before he did the bone graft. My question is, can a person still have some infectuous bacteria left in there, that might NOT be visable to the human eye, or is ALL bacteria able to be seen by the dentist, once an abscessed tooth is extracted? My abscess was deep in the pulp, around the tooth, as far as I know. Do u think its possible that I could have some infection left inside my gums, that the dentist might not have been able to see?? And..if so, can that infection escape by use of anti-biotics, or will it stay in there, wreaking havoc on my immune system?? (By the way...my gum/cheek area is still very sore and swollen inside my mouth..it feels extremely weird when I run my tongue over it, as I can feel that my cheek was sewn around my extraction site, and it is really FREAKING ME OUT, to say the least.)

2.) Last question...is there any way to email u directly, on this site, or
otherwise?
It seems that the only way to contact u through this site is to send u a
message through someone else's posts? Maybe Im wrong?

THANKS AGAIN...
SINCERELY,
KIMBERLY
motivate4change is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote