View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Good morning Everyone

I know that depression you speak of well...and identify with the need to avoid certain crowds of people. My support system has become smaller, by choice. I can't explain it. My husband's family, who are from RI, make me nuts with their stares and rude questions, so I stay away from them. I think that they are waiting for my affected body parts to fall off or something!! Also noise hurts my ears and my husband's family tends to be very loud when they get together in a group. It's so painful!!

My family all lives far away from me - South Jersey, SE PA, Dover Del, etc. So my immediate support comes from my husband and my neighbors. Sometimes I cry just because I am lonely for my family. When my kids are finished with school we may move to the mid Atlantic area so I can be near them. An added bonus would be that the better docs for RSD are there, also.

Because I have lived in the East all my life I've never seen the Rocky Mountains, except in pictures (I have flown over them - they go on forever!). I understand that they are truly beautiful beyond belief. One day I hope to be able to see them for myself.

I hate Mondays - when my husband returns to work, the kids are off to school, and I am all alone in the house ("cave") playing the waiting game with WC....

Thanks for your posts, XOXOX Sandy
Sandy...

I hope this helps you by me saying that you are not alone..by any means.. why today so far I have carried the dang phone in my bathrobe pocket and into the shower with me waiting for my disability rep to call and give me hear updated blessing .... OGH!! So many people here have said ... just invite her to lunch and let her see me!!!!

I know a big part of RSD is loneliness... Even if we chose not to build that big wall around us..RSD seems to separate us from the world in that our "needs" are different and we are not as socialy able as we once were... I go in waves as I am a people person... I miss my work for that reason but at times I'd rather have just a solo one on one and share my sadness.. but that always has to be scheduled and it doesn't work that way...

Some how some way..I firmly believe after the red tape and it is al said and done with...We will be looking down knowing that this happened for a reason..we were given a different route to follow and RSD was our means to get there....

btw..tell the in-laws to quiet it down a tad in your presence... just this weekend, I opted to drop out of a visit to mine as the ride is just too much for me.... so they called and bugged me.. can't win!!!

KS
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (01-26-2010), loretta (01-25-2010), SandyRI (01-25-2010)