Thread: overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Default Hi Guys,

Can I add some thoughts and respond to others comments??

Siccy, I am so sorry for your physical and emotional pain and frustrations. I'm glad you come here to share your feelings and concerns, I think the others are right in that this is the place to come and vent and have other people know what you are talking about. TOS and RSD are very difficult conditions to deal with. It is devestating to get the diagnosis and then find out that so little is known about treatment and then that treatments can vary so. I went through 4 Dr.'s before I found one that could diagnose me and then on to another before I started getting any relief from my pain.

I went through all kinds of medicine changes as well and each one takes its toll on your body. Those changes in themself can cause depression symptoms.

As the others have said, Hang in there... better days will come. I am 1 year post op. and the swelling in my neck and arm went down at about 6 months. Then I began to feel some what better. It's a long hard recovery, I will have good days and then feel like I have regressed.

I had to learn to pace myself and let alot of things go. I had to recognize that I am not the same person I was before and may never be that person again. That's me,and what works for me.

Financially, there are some places you can turn. HubbywithRSD mentioned some sites on the RSD forum that offer financial help. Also Joni Erickson Tada has a foundation that provides wheel chairs for those in need, and helps with finances I believe. Keep searching for financial help if you can, it is definitely out there.

And keep coming back to the forum. There are people here who care about you and want to help and support you.

Flippinout, it is good to see you back!! I hope things are going well for you.

gbsb, I can't use the tens unit. It just makes me worse! It really flares me. Dr. Ellis says thats not unusual, alot of tos'rs can't use them, so if lowering the dose doesn't work maybe move on to another form of treatment??

HeyJude5050, the quote that you are never given more than you can handle is from the Bible. It's one that gives me comfort on those really tough days.

Dawn,Jo55 and Johannakat all have really great advice (as usual !!)

I too want to welcome those of you that are new to the forum and I hope that you can find answers as well as encouragement here.

Take Care All,
G ~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote