View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Here is a very good educational site.

Scroll down to # 5 on the page to read about Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks.

There is a very good video of the standard LSB's being preformed by Dr. Kirkpatrick. (warning it's not for the faint of heart or those those who are squeamish of needles)

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/en/en_c...uidelines.html

Personally I prefer to be fully sedated for the LSB procedure. My first was without and my doctor learned that he's get better results from full sedation with me.

When I had my peridural nerve block done in Germany it was done by sight and feel with just a little topical anesthetic. No sedation or fluoroscopy. I had to be brave but it was worth it though as they hooked it up to a continuous pump filled with anesthetic for a full week following a surgery to my rsd foot. It helped to prevent spread.

While I don't necessarily agree with the way the 2nd doctor did your LSB if that is in fact what he did, I think he gave you some good advice on what to take supplementally.

It's most important that you are comfortable with your doctor and the way that they choose to perform the procedure(s). I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues with the insurance and co-pays and hope that doesn't stop you form getting it done the way that is best for you.

Wising you all well.
MsL
"When humans learn to be gratefully present every moment, they become angels. It’s not the wings that make the angel, but the message of courageous presence and creative acceptance, no matter what the moment brings: “Fear not!”" Gratefulness.org

Last edited by Mslday; 01-25-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote