View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rsd wc

Quote:
Originally Posted by traevin View Post
I've had RSD for nearly three years. It's so debilitating and painful that I haven't been able to return to work and there's no telling when or if that day will ever arrive. My Worker's Comp people are getting fed up with me, mainly because I'm not responding to any treatments and it looks like I might have to get another operation on the same injured knee that led to the RSD in the first place. Long story short, they want to settle.

I haven't received a dollar amount from them yet but I'm thinking that it's right around the corner. My question to you is:

For you RSD sufferers who have received settlements through Worker's Comp, what's a reasonable ballpark figure? Some (or most) of you might not want to discuss this on a forum but perhaps you wouldn't mind emailing me privately.

I'm afraid the insurance company will give me a low-ball figure and because I wouldn't know a good settlement amount from a bad one, I'm hoping that with your help, I can respond to their proposition from a position of strength instead of ignorance.

Thanks in Advance,

Jennifer D.
Hi Jennifer,

I can't tell you what a reasonable settlement is but I can tell you that the IC in my state, Pa. offered my husband who has had RSD for 4 years 150K. They did a life plan or something like that to figure future medical expenses for medicare set asideand estimated he would live to be 81. He is now 50 so that 150K is about 4800 bucks a year. That is crazy. We had our own impairment rating evaluation (IRE) and he is 63% impaired. The IC has yet to do an IRE but they have just filed a petition to modify/suspend benefits.

Good Luck.
martra1025 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (01-26-2010)