View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknerd View Post
Hi guys,

I came upon a discovery- Exercise seems to be improving my MG- even short-term!

Since I started reducing my dosage of prednisone, I've felt increased strength in the muscles that weren't really affected by MG. My cognitive abilities have improved as well, as well as energy levels. So I have all of this pent-up energy at times, and I've wanted to burn it somehow, so decided to do some aerobic/dance for a few hours the last few days.

What I've noticed is that when my heart rate goes up, if I was having weakness in my tongue/palate previously, it goes away for the duration of the exercising. Is that weird, or what? It's like I'll barely be able to move my tongue, then I'll start jumping jacks or something else that I don't know how to describe (bad at exercising terms), and I'll be able to move it again.

I trolled around the net and other MG forums, and found that others had a similar experience. One person theorized that because the heart's pumping harder, this increases blood flow much more and maybe spreads out the antibodies, almost diluting them. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems to work. I also notice that when I start the exercising, I'm weak, but then my overall strength/endurance increase throughout the remainder of the exercising. I don't really get weaker as I progres, but get stronger at first, and maintain the same level of strength throughout (in the other muscles, like top of arms and legs).

I'm really excited about this because I feel great that my ability to exercise is increasing the more I'm doing it, thereby improving my health, and it also seems to help the MG.

I hope that after a few months of this, maybe I'll get much better, and who knows. All I know is that it's making me feel better mentally, emotionally and physically.

I hope you guys are doing well!
Nicky
That sounds very encouraging. I really miss exercising but I might try to ease back into it!
JCPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-26-2010)