View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A

Quote:
Originally Posted by franny623 View Post
Hello everyone! I was startled to see this as a topec. I have this deficiency. When I had my children by c-section, I woke up on a respirator. At that time, the Drs attributted to asthma. Every camping vacation trip while growing up, I was a real drag because I was always sick after spraying insectiside all over myself. I found out what was wrong through my cousins in Canada when they had surgery and couldn't breathe after. Unfortunately for me, my husband & I lived in the SanJuaquin Valley in California for 2 years-1998-2000. That is where they grow most of our food and seem to enjoy spraying pesticides from the air. I really feel that is one of the factors in my having PD. I enjoy all of the conversations going on. I met many of you at the CRLI in October. I wish we all lived closer and could spend time together. I forgot to mention that my deficiency was confirmed by 23&me. Cheers! Franny
Hi,

How scary! I had some nasty rebound or intensified PD symptoms while pregnant, but I can not imagine waking up a respirator!

BTW, thanks for sharing your 23andme results; I logged into my account and just discovered that many new health screens were updated in the several months since I opened my account. They now run a test for focal dystonia! I am negative for being a carrier in both tests.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote