View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Often, I think we as pet owners need to protect our pets from people more than people from our pets - as illustrated by your last post.

More and more, hotels are becoming pet friendly though. They do have rules for bringing dogs and cats - the most common pets. Less common pts have not been taken into consideration yet. You may want to search for pet friendly hotels, and call those.

They may be willing to make an ecxeption for you if you have a certificate of health from you vet. I'd guess the ferret will need the same as my dog - all shots up to date, a crate, which he will have to be kept in while on premise, etc.

I would add this to all of us pet people. I love them all, every animal. I keep my pets restrained for their own safety. Not all people love them or feel safe around them. If anyone made a false accusation, my pet would pay the price, even though he didn't do anything - he can't talk and defend himself, and he has NO rights.

And there are always bigger stronger animals too, which could harm him.

Hopefully, next time you can take the little guy with you. I'm sure he'd enjoy the adventure.