View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It's shockingly tragic thing to happen.
There's probably so much more to the whole story that we'll never know. I do also wonder what combination of medications the boy was taking and what they were actually treating, but I also wonder why he was carrying a knife in school, and a zillion other questions. Some of the news links I read online earlier about it were troubling. Someone, might have been the principal of the school or the lawyer or someone said it was "worst nightmare". Indeed.

edited to add: I've had a longstanding concern for many years with my son that someone would one day actually hurt _him_ (not the other way around) because they don't understand him. [never mentioned this anywhere before] He's pretty blunt with words, and says it how he see it... meaning he's not as likely to hold back with a comment as most other people would be. e.g. If something smells bad, he'll say it. He's also pretty naive as to people's intentions sometimes. Got himself in a situation a couple of times where a guy his age took advantage of his generosity with money and my son lost out. He did learn a big lesson from that and is more careful thank goodness. It's one of those things that isn't easy to teach someone else without going overboard... that people aren't always kind and caring and that there are conartists out there or worse. :/

Last edited by Lara; 01-20-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote