View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion06095 View Post
As you know, I had an appointment with my new PCP today. Something happened at the doctor’s office that hasn’t happened to me in a while. I got all teary-eyed when I was asked how I have been feeling. I am absolutely MORTIFIED! I just hope that they know that this is an MS thing, because I was too choked up to explain it. Boy! Some days it just doesn’t pay to get up in the morning.
Marion....this happened to me on the 15th! I was on my way to my 1st Tysabri infusion appointment...and during the drive there, I aparently had my first 'panic attack'. I completely lost my bearings, and my confidence however I did not feel particularily anxious about the actual Infusion. I had just had troubles with reading the directions to get to the appointment, and was overcome with 'tears'. By the time I got to the desk where I needed to check in...I was completely 'Blubbering' and crying hard enough that I could not find the words to tell the nurse 'why' I was there. By the time I was able to get my words out, a few nurses had gathered around the desk...and they were all very supportive that it was normal to feel overwhelmed when having the first infusion...when in fact, the infusion was not my problem...my problem was the fact that I got 'lost' on the way to the appointment. I was completely mortified by not being able to control my crying long enough to explain that 'being lost' was in fact, the reason why I was blubbering. So now, there are several nurses at the Infusion center who think I had a 'emotional melt down' because of the infusion...when in fact, the infusion was the easiest part of the whole appointment!

I wish I could just 'turn off' the tears, because it is so frustrating to be crying over the 'little things'. I just never know when I am going to cry about something...but it always seems to happen at the most inopportune times! Geez!

Amy

DO WHAT makes you happy, Be with WHO makes you smile, Laugh as much as you breathe & LOVE as LONG as you LIVE

July 2006- First significant SXs, suspect it started back in mid 1990's
1/21/09 - Positive MS Dx
2/17/09 - 2nd Positive MS Dx
4/2/09 - MS Dx 3rd Neuro - finally found the Dr. who has the characteristics I was looking for

10/8/09-optic neuritis flair, Cog Fog, chronic headaches
5/4/09 - 12/15/09 Copaxone
1/15/2010 - First Tysabri Infusion - 3/25/16 - Last Tysabri Infusion
3/3/16 - signed the documents to start the Lemtrada journey
4/25/16. Lemtrada begins.
DizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-26-2010)