View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alices View Post
Daughter's condition getting more painful since having occipital nerve severed.
What drugs are in nerve blocks? Does anyone know? SHe has taken Cymbalta (didn't help-nasty drug) and now is going on Topomax. Nothing is releivng the pain. Any ideas or help would be appreciated greatly.

I wouldn't put a dog on Cymbalta or Topomax!!! Been on both and are terrible. I have migraines and always in search of something to help me.
I was at a dead end when I was introduced to Neurontin, figured I didn't have anything else to lose. Already lost my job and my sanity why not. It works great! Or at least better than anything else I have tried. I could function again. My sister suffers too and just started taking it reluctantly I might add and to her surprise she has found relief. She took it for a month before she noticed a huge difference and for me it was almost 2 weeks.
It is an older drug and these days everyone is out for the newest thing and man I hate that. It is FDA approved for seizures but widely used from anything from leg pain to migraines. And with very few if any side effects. Good luck.
CraftyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote