View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default considering spinal cord stimulator

hi,
my rsd is my right hand/arm so i keep typing to a minimum. I've had 7 or 8 stellate ganglion blocks and most of them were very effective for a week or so, with a good cumulative improvement. but, i recently had an unrelated procedure and despite big signs all around me warning not to touch/cover my arm, i awoke at pain level 10- my arm had been moved and covered with a blanket. since then, i felt like a backslid on the pain relief and burning relief i had been getting. my dr also spread out the time between the blocks, so when i went for the last one, it looked, felt burned as much as it had after just 2-3 blocks. now my dr says that since the pain/burning relief isn't lasting we need to consider spinal cord stim. the dvd looks good, but i want to know if this worked (or didn't) for rsd in arm/hand. is it effective there? more dangerous/complicated? i would love to be able to sit through a movie without pain, and maybe get back to some of the activities i used to love, but i don't know if this would be putting even more restrictions on what i can do and potentially more risk than blocks. any info would be appreciated. thank you
sukadog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (01-26-2010)