Thread: 7 month mark
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default using the Wii during PCS recovery

I have been reading through the threads, and feel that others have said what my impressions had been of the treatment at Buffalo, but since you're so close it's probably not a bad idea to check it out. It just didn't sound as if it was a good fit for a non-athlete, or for someone who was in a six month plus situation.

That being said, I was interested in reading what others had written about exercising during PCS. I sustained an injury a little over 2 years ago, had a miserable year of PCS symptoms and got into a good treatment plan about a year ago. I've had on and off symptoms since (although my days are mostly good). I take 20 mg of Nortriptyline at night (up from an original dose of 5mg).

I have been trying to get back into shape recently, and every time I cross the threshhold of breaking a sweat with aerobic activity, my symptoms return (nausea, light-headedness and dull ache at the point of injury). I haven't experienced this while working on the Wii balance board as of yet, but today I pushed it and had to rest for a couple of hours later in the day with a return of symptoms. Is this what others experience?

With regard to what others say about diet and nutrition, I will say that I have gone local/organic and have totally eliminated caffeine and alcohol from my diet. Staying hydrated and getting a good night's sleep really help, as does Omega 3 and at a good serving of high antioxidents helps (this might be totally unrelated, but thought I'd throw it in).
goodscout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote