View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Growing up in the South......food was the focal point of every event. My fondest memories are of the breakfast table at Mimi's old farm house in N.C.. Country ham, red eye gravy, biscuits (the homemade little silver dollar sized ones), homemade pear preserves, "Mimi toast" which was just bread toasted in the oven since Mimi didn't own a toaster, and real butter.

Nobody ever scolded anyone for eating too much. But you would get scolded if you didn't eat enough!

I've heard of HTM disease! I know alot of people who have it.....but they don't "suffer" from it! My Dad used to tell me certain people had Dunlap Disease. Their tummy had done lapped over their belt!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-27-2010), SallyC (01-30-2010), soxmom (01-27-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-26-2010)