View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You have to learn to live one day at a time. I have many issues, and could very easily sit at home and stress about them, but I can't, I have to work full time to take care of me, give me a place to live, food to eat. So, I go on, I smile on the bad days, and I don't bother telling friends unless there is a need on any one day. I also have celiac disease, and am a super sensitive, so every day, I have to constantly be on the alert for potential glutenings, which is a full time job where I work...not because it's a dangerous gluten area, but because my coworkers aren't careful.

As for my neuropathy, I research, and try things that may help. The best thing I have ever done is B12. I take 5000mcg daily of Jarrow B12, and it has helped. My balance is better, most of the time the buzzing stays minimal, and I do feel better. I too have sensory neuropathy. I also exercise every day, which has been a chore with my chronic fatigue syndrome, but I know it's necessary, so I do it. This morning, all through the exercising, my legs cried, and I was thinking, "Why, why does this have to happen?" Yet, I kept at it, and in the long run, the exercising will be one of the best things I do for me.

Chin up, get out, try not to dwell on neuropathy. I know that's easier said than done, but try.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (01-27-2010)