View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

As predicted about 50% have not been heard from, and that is fine by me. I let 20% have their "explaination" of what they were trying to say, and followed it up with "we are NOT going to discuss MS" I said we can talk about the weather, or current events but NO MS talk!

20% apologized, and were unaware of just how pushy they had become. Were upset when they read the letter, but then examined just how our last several conversations went, and were upset with themselves when they realised how much they had tried to corner me.

10% were just plain nasty, and dont deserve a response. I will delete them from my email list, and social circles. If they want to show up and be adults, then ok, but again...NO MS talk! That will be reserved for me and my MD, and my husband.

Several have asked why I let other folks bother me. I think its human nature to want to be liked, nay loved. its a goal that many of us strive for. I was also raised as a Navy brat, and we moved constantly. I was never able to hang onto friends, because we always had to leave. My father taught firefighting school and it lasted 3 sometimes 6 months,so we moved ...alot! As an adult, I WANT friends!

I like most of us, want to be loved, and heard, and since I have given out so much comfort, love and affection in my circle, I guess I sort of expected to get what I gave. I expected others to be supportive, and strong, and help me no matter what path I chose to fight this thing with. I was surprised, and alarmed when so many became combative, and insistant that I follow their path. At first I was polite, and simply let them talk. I swallowed the sting. Before long I realised it had become habit for so many to continue this path, because I had allowed it, by not stopping it.

As Dr. Phil says (i really dont like him, but now and again he has a pearl) You teach people how to treat you. Since I had allowed it, then it was perceived as allowable. I have decided that its no longer allowable. It was an open door for stress, bad advice, and friends to become aggressive with me. From this day forward, NO MORE! Those who want to stay with me will, and those who dont....well, I am better off without them.

Thank you for all the public and private support around this issue. I was shocked at how many of you were walking a mile in my shoes.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (01-27-2010), gonnamakeit (01-27-2010), Hockey (01-27-2010), Jappy (01-29-2010), jeep4wd (01-28-2010), SallyC (01-27-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (01-28-2010)