View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hello and Welcome! I am sorry you found the need to seek us out, but I am happy we can help.

The eye MD probably listed MS as one of many possible causes, and is hoping you will have your PCP investigate further. As I tell so many, there are more than 100 diseases that can mimic MS. its a disease that ends up being diagnosed after 90% of those are ruled out. Some are really easy to rule out with a simple blood test. Vitamin deficiency, or Lyme, Lupus and the likes. Be prepared to roll up your sleeve. If those show normal limits, your MD will keep pushing to find more answers.

You may end up having an MRI. That is one of the more definitive tests to prove is lesions exist in your brain. Other diseses can cause lesions too, so dont panic if you have them. MS has a typical pattern close to the ventricles.

an MS diagnosis is more of a long haul diagnosis. its a process rather than a quick trip to an MD. So, hang in there! Ask plenty of questions. NEVER let an MD dismiss you if you feel that your concerns are not being addressed. There must be a reason why your eye lid is sticking, and your fingers are numb. Dont quit till you get your answers.

Please let us know what your MD says. I am thinking its gonna be a round of blood tests right out of the gate. Keep us updated.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EdieAnne (01-27-2010), Kitty (01-27-2010), SallyC (01-27-2010)