Thread: Anbesol?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have pretty good insurance too. That is the scary part. I was still denied at one point. I also wonder how long we will be able to afford it. Or how long it will continue to pay for things.

We are in position for my husband to retire, if not for health insurance. (He has worked the same job 35 years) and it is going to be a real challenge to pay $1600 to $2000 per month for insurance. We have a substantial amount saved, but, with a 20% rise per year allowed for insurance premiums, it will be really rough. We can't buy insurance on the free market unless pre-existing clauses are removed. It is hard to imagine paying 30,000 to 48,000$ per year for health insurance until we qualify for 'entitlement' programs. How many people have that kind of money saved? We are close, but, it is still scary. What if costs of insurance continue to skyrocket, or they can deny me because I get expensive treatment. I will simply have to give up the treatment and take what comes. Like most of the under-developed world.

Social Sec. kicks in at 62, but medicare not until 65, if it lasts at all. Then there is the matter of buying a supplement or facing astronomical medical bills.

It will be rationing of health care by sheer expense. If you can't afford it, you won't get it.

At some point, we will have to pack it in, and call it a day. I am more of a quality versus quantity person anyway.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote