View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 08:44 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Ncs/emg

Hi,
I think I've had 6 or 7 NCS/EMG's since PN onset 6 years ago.. (even had two in a row once because there was such a radical change from about 6 months earlier the doctor thought the machine was broken and did the whole thing over on different equipment - real fun)... what I've found is that it really depends on the doctor doing the test.... seems like each one has their own technique - some were really quite painless - one hurt so much I was shaking so bad when it was over someone had to tie my shoes I so wimpy..... but overall - have found them a necessary evil and have really helped my doctors track the progression of my PN......

(beware of residents - I had a resident start a test once before my neuro came into the room - I have no sensory nerve conduction in my feet or hands, and she have known that if she had looked at pror tests - but didnt - just kept cranking up the current until my body was literally jumping off the table because she couldnt get a response) - the doc came in - grabbed the equipment away from her and saved me - nothing needed to be said at that pont!

Anyway, overall I find them a helpful necessary "evil" and for the short periods of pain they give you - the benefits of the test definately outweight them.....
KMEB
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote