View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I would say my headache was migraine like. They can give an IV infusion for hydration and opiates to help the headache. Of course, it does mean a trip to the ER.

I do get really bad headaches occassionally and end up in the ER, but, I assume it was the infusion due to the onset during infusion and the immediate nausea.

This meningitis is not infectious but inflammatory. I imagine it could be a problem, but mine did pass.

Most docs avoid prescribing IVIG because it is usually such a fight to get it....no kickbacks. Most docs look for ways to get you off of IVIG...if there is any other option they try that.

There is absolutely no motivation other than patient care to precribe it. Now if it was one of the antidepressants or antipsychotic, well, then I would say be skeptical about kickbacks.

Oh, one more thing, they premedicate some people, usually with benadryl and tylenol. I can't use benadryl, so I just do Tylenol. Some people require hydrocortisone.

I am sitting here right now with immensely large nodes, (unshelled walnut size in my neck) which I have not ever had before...wondering if it is due to my last infusion several weeks ago, or due to not being suppressed, or what. Of course, I have a bad case of Sjogren's and other issues, so who knows??? One more thing to add to my alphabet soup of conditions. One side went down over night, but the other side is still big. Ugh. I look like a chipmunk.

Also, it is really HARD to catch neuropathy in its early stages. One doesn't know what is wrong with one. It isn't like it comes on all at once for most people....we grow into it and it seems normal until it gets bad.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote