Thread: Might have RSD
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ruby,

I have brachial plexus RSD from stretch injury(s) to my right shoulder, was diagnosed in June 2008 but probably had it longer than that.

I would be real careful of injections into areas that are not already impacted by your condition - I am fairly certain that a series of trigger point injections into my cervical spine and the occipital area of my head caused my RSD to spread to those sites within months from diagnosis from the original site - the right shoulder. I have suffered more from agonizing head pain than any other pain since all this started. My RSD has also spread to both my legs.

I second Ada's opinion on Neurologists - the one I saw in RI attributed my pain to "depression." He just had no clue, and likely didn't have any other RSD patients. I would encourage you to research all you can - see RSDSA.org - it is another great website with a terrific database of medical research articles and can also provide you with information on RSD docs in your area. I have used pain management and/or anesthesiologists almost exclusively since getting sick. Try to stick to the larger university teaching hospitals or city medical centers where the better doctors are located - you will be better off in the long run.

Physical therapy is also very helpful, but only if you find a therapist who knows what's going on. I've have therapists who have probably contributed greatly to the onset of my RSD (at the orthopedist's office, subsequent to rotator cuff repair surgery), to a guy who was awesome and tried very hard to support me and get me better that was elsewhere. It's preally just a matter of making sure they have EXPERIENCE with RSD. Also - make sure that they don't use any ice.

This is a great site with lots of great people. Welcome and the best of luck to you.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-19-2010), loretta (01-28-2010)