View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

goalie,

It could be a blood sugar problem. If your body is not regulating your blood sugar properly, and it drops too low, it can leave you feeling cold.

I have reactive hypoglycemia. My blood sugar levels will roller coaster from 115 down to 45. At 45 I get real cold feeling. The best level is about 80. Less than 45 can cause a coma. Been there, done almost that.

There are some metabolic problems that can also be a cause. As the others have said, you should see a doctor. Try to remember what you had to eat before that nights sleep.

If this happens before you get to see the doctor, try sucking on a piece of hard candy or have some fruit juice and see it it makes a difference.

Have you taken your blood pressure at these time? It would be a good idea. You can buy an at home blood pressure monitor starting at about $30 at Walgreens and other stores.

Food that are low on the glycemic index can often help with blood sugar roller coastering. A before bed snack of one of the Glucerna foods would also help with the blood sugar roller coastering.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-28-2010)