Thread: Newbie - RSD
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momw/rsdchild View Post
Hello!

My 15 year old daughter has RSD/CRPS. She was diagnosed 3 years ago at the age of 12. It is in her left leg. She is in a bad flare up right now. We just moved to Oklahoma from Texas and I am wondering if anyone has a good doc they can recommend in OK. TX is so far to go when she is in such intense pain.

I have also read that some people have had good results with TENS units. I have one that I use for pelvic pain issues that I thought I could try with her if I knew where to put the leads. I don't know if I should put them on her leg where the pain is or on her low back where those nerves begin. Anyone with info or experience on this - your advice would be appreciated.

Just hoping to get some support for her and myself as her mom.
I use my TENS unit almost everyday. Somedays it just hurts too much to put the pads on and take them off. My PT has had RSD twice and it had been in remission twice now. She puts the pads over the affected area and just turns it up good enough for me to feel it. She also criss-crosses the leads sometimes in an X pattern. I don't think there is really a perfect science for it. They keep tellling me to work through the pain, but it is easier said than done sometimes. Experiment a little. See what seems to offer the most releif if any. I am not having much luck with my TENS unit at all.
I wish you and your daughter the best of luck.
Bossle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-28-2010)