View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

leggz: I'm so sorry to hear of the pain you're experiencing, but I know exactly where you're coming from. In my 20's I was thought to have RA also......I think it was a precurser to the MS. I have osteo-inflammatory-degenerative arthritis now which started in my 40's, so age doesn't really seem to play a part. Tried all the NSAIDS including the shots in my hips, but nothing seems to work and the narcotics just put me in a "stupor". Not wanting to go through life like a zombie, I just take two Aleve when I first get up to help take the edge off, and just deal with the pain.

As far as sleeping, this is why I sleep in my recliner. It's a lift chair which makes getting up a little easier, but the back and hip pain is alot less than lying in bed!!! I don't sleep soundly for long periods at a time anyway, so I put in some quiet movies for that constant background noise -- it seems to help my little yappy dog sleep better too as she doesn't hear every little noise. Her crate/bed is next to my recliner. Of course if she does bark -- WHOA -- a rude awakening! lol!!

From what I've read, some of us with MS cite pain as our worst symptom. Guess we're just a couple of the "lucky" ones. NOT!! I'm waiting for medical MJ to become legal in PA as it's supposed to work wonders for pain.

Good luck and here's wishing less pain for us all....

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (01-28-2010)