View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 04:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste of Kaitlyn View Post
I've tried to hide how I've felt for so long because I hate how I feel so lost and so stupid all the time. I miss being smart. I miss being able to form a witty sarcastic remark. I miss being able to control my emotions. I miss when I didn't cry without reason. I miss when I didn't hurt. i miss when colours and music and books and laughter and light and learning and thought didn't cause pain. I miss my friends and I miss my life. surprisingly enough, I actually miss school too. I miss assignments. i miss equations labs and questions, I even miss essays. I can't believe I miss essays. I hate English.
Hi Kaitlyn and welcome to the board. There is a giant hug heading your way from our family. I am so sorry that you are struggling so much. I can feel her frustration and pain in what you wrote. I wish I had answers for you, but we are living with similar issues.

As I read you post, I was particularly touched by all the things you missed. My daughter - a 15 year old freshman - is thinking and feeling the same things. You are not alone. She has been out of school for 3.5 months and will likely be out a while longer. She feels stupid because she not recovering as fast as everyone would like, stupid that she can't remember things and stupid that what appeared to be a minor injury has in fact turned into a pretty serve on.

Do have hope that things will get better. My friend's son took 9 months to get back to normal. He was a sophomore when he received his concussion. He some how made it through sophomore year with lots of accommodations - though doesn't remember much of it. He is doing fine this year and receiving good grades.

Have faith that things will get better and tell the adults in your life what you are thinking and feeling. Don't let them dismiss your symptoms or issues. They are real and need to be addressed.

Hang in there.

Last edited by nancys; 01-28-2010 at 02:39 PM.
nancys is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote