View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome kat

welcome kat

pcs seems to have a more profound effect on people that like to live and think fast,from your post I bet you could talk for your country , and from your activities that you are a lively fun loving kid

I understand how you cannot talk to people around you about all the emotions that go with this condition

and perhaps apart from close family and friends it is wise not too, other teens can sometimes be unhelpful with things they don't understand

there are moms here with daughters in the same situation as you . So you are not alone , and this anonymous space is a safe place to vent

also all the folks at NT I have found to be caring and helpful . this board has folks with many different degrees of injury and prognoses , so don't think that you will not recover fully

YOU are young bright and have every chance of making a full recovery, it takes time and above all REST both mental and physical Not easy at your age, theirs to much going on around you, I,m not saying stop doing stuff , but know your limits

controlling emotions ? the breath is the key ,holding your abbs tight is a no no

the best way is to slow down your breathing, and the emotions will follow, this is known as breath work

1, breath in slowly through your nose ,allow your tummy to expand ( baby's and puppy's breath this way ) in fact try to extenuate this

2 breath out slowly through your mouth, allowing your tummy to deflate slowly

3 practice this when you are not anxious so, you are ready for when you need it

4 practice makes perfect

keep hydrated drink the recommended amount of water each day, not too cold

take omega 3 /6 supplements, be kind too and look after yourself

and keep us posted , remember we are here for the same reasons as you and to help you get well and cope
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-28-2010)