View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is easy to get overwhelmed with the "what-ifs" and the communication struggles with doctors, billings, school, etc. It's a whole boat load of new responsibilities you didn't ask for. Then there is the guilt of "what if I told her not to do that" "what if she would have been five minutes earlier in her schedule that day" whatever. And let's face it...you sometimes have a stranger living in the place of your daughter. It's weird and scary and it feels shameful for some reason I can't understand.

It's like supporting a warrior in battle. I envision myself handling the logistics while my daughter does the fighting. Mom's always say things like, "I bet you wish it was you hurting instead of her." Well...no, I don't. Maybe that sounds selfish. I can't even begin to imagine how scary and overwhelming this is to her. I would rather be on the outside, greasing the wheels for her recovery. There is no end to what a mother will do for her child, but in the case of PCS we are fairly limited and that limitation is the biggest frustration of all. Time is the great healer and I can't change time. If the neuro said, "Listen, build a bonfire, do a naked dance and chant in the middle of the street and she will be healed" I would do so gladly. I would be the best bonfire building, naked street chanter anyone ever saw.

When I get overwhelemed I try to think of all the other people out there supporting their little warriors through various battles and I know I'm in good company. Hang in there momma!
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-28-2010), Hockey (01-28-2010)