View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tle

I was diagnosed with TLE this past September, two psychiatrists have come up with the same dx so I think I'm coming to accept it, but at the same time I'm quite sure I need treatment (therapist and anti seizure meds) because my thinking is really compromised at the moment. TLE manifests itself with mood and cognitive disorders.
The symptoms that you've described that seem striking to me is the fact that you are left-handed and have a knack for numbers. I have an intense visual memory that can play in my head when I'm feeling strange, in fact my visual memory is so strong my family and friends depend on me to ask when photos were taken. In most cases I can pinpoint the year, month or even week. Its kind of a parlor trick, but as an artist I find it useful. I'm assuming that the focus of your epilepsy must somehow extend to the auditory area. Does the music ever become unpleasant as if somebody has a radio on while you're trying to do something important? Do you have a history of depression/anxiety or memory problems ? As these might be a symptom of your epilepsy. For myself my mood is intensely affected by the aura seizures, intense euphoria usually accompanies the event and then grumpy depression follows. I know I've wrote about myself, but I'd like to compare notes and see what symptoms we have in common.
Morganomics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote