Thread: Prednisone
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Prednisone

Since this is my first post,, I;d like to share what they tried to slow the progression of my Neuropathy (sensory),, lets see,, Neurotin, Ultram,, actually those were for teh symptoms of it,, the actual cures tried were IVIG,, didnt help,, and the killer,, 3000mg of steroids over three days,, I had to drive myself to Pittsburgh for three days, after day three I had no clue who I was,, how I got there, or even how to go get home,, I made it home only to remember we had to drive to Philly to move my oldest son home,, I dont recall much of that weekend,, did it work?,, no, I think it came close to killing me
Then the Chiari operation,, there was some thought that the arm pain might be from teh Chiari I had,,, (8mm) descent,, so like a fool, I had the operation in Aug of 09,, sliced up the back of my neck,, part of my skull taken out,, dura opened and a patch put in,, recovery went welll until 2 weeks later when my sister came over to visit and found me laying on the floor screaming in pain,
They got me to Pittsburgh,, yep Menigitis,, back in the hospital,, wound infected,, chemical reaction to the patch,, treated with IV antibiotics,, told the nurse something was leaking from my neck,, she said it was sweat,, LOL,, I kept jamming that call button,, screaming,, something is coming out of my neck,, I knew what it was,, spinal fluid,,, back in the OR,, debride the infected wound,,, and of course it was MRSA,, replace the patch on my dura, and go home with a PICC line,, did any of this do any good,, ah,, no,,
so now i;m left with burning in the legs,, they kind of wobble,, have to wear PJ bottoms under my jeans,, cant tolerate the cold,, arms that burn 24/7,, hands that lost feeling,, drop things, cant stand even the slightest breeze blowing on me,,
Feel the Burn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote