View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 10:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default oculogyric crisis anyone?

Going through my old medical records, and came across this term, which had been used as a possible cause of my first hospitalization. It was never formally diagnosed, and a month later, I had seizures, which were formally diagnosed; the docs never looked back. But yet *I* still wonder what those spells were, because they were He!!. I googled oculogyric crisis and seizures, wondering if they could be a kind of seizure, which is what I figure, but I didn't come up with much. Soooooo, has anyone experienced this? It started when I was in bed and my head/eyes were frozen looking at the ceiling; then my (primarily right) eyes were literally ripped upward towards the back of my head. It was so excruciating that I had to scream each and every time it happened (it happened for about 16 hours on and off). The eye was pulled so far up and back that I couldn't see, and it would pull and pull and pull and pull.......and then release me. Movement, particularly I think when I was on my right side, and motion (being driven to the hospital; when the ER people pushed me to my room.....) set my head spinning, then my eye would rip upward all over again.

Sound familiar? At the time, they were thinking I had MS; no meds touched the "spells" for, truly, 16 hours. All that helped was not moving a muscle. He!! when I had to go to the bathroom because there was no avoiding it.
Footprints is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote