View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdwife View Post
[ sukadog
My husband has rsd in left arm/hand. He had a scs implant in Dec. He has no regrets. I have seen some on here that it was not successful and others who have had it for many years and love it. My husband is off all his pain meds, however there are limits to what he can do (not lifting over certain weights, not lifting things over his head). He feels it was the best decision for him. The pain meds restricted a lot of things he could do anyways, as he didn't really get great relief from them and they goofed his head. Each person has to decide what they are willing to live with and what gives them the best quality of life. I wish you the best!
Thank you so much! That's very encouraging and I'm glad it's working for him. Can you tell me a bit about precautions: whether he can go to stores that have theft detector gates? Can you use a microwave at your home? I know these are silly little things compared with the possible benefits; I'm not concerned about giving anything up, but about whether little things can interfere with the device. Thanks again!
sukadog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (01-28-2010)