View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
I have a SCS for my RSD in my right arm and shoulder. I am 20 years old... It helped me alot. I got hurt again and had to get ketamine... Where are you located at? How old are you?

There are pro's and con's to getting it and not getting it. There is always a chance of the RSD spreading when you get it, but for me... I took the chance knowing that it could help me and i could gain so much of my life back and get off medications. Especially feeling at the point of having nowhere to go but there... there are physical limitations, but then again RSD gives you physical limitations so its best we don't do that stuff. Any specific questions? you can pm me if you'd like to ask anything
I'm old: 43. I'm so sorry this hit you so young, when you've got so many new, wonderful experiences ahead of you. I'm in Cape Coral, Florida and I love the weather we have most of the year; I think it helps. Can you tell me about physical activities and limitations? I used to teach yoga and water aerobics and I'd love to be able to do some of the things I used to do, even if it's just a few minutes a few times a week. Right now I have to keep my arm elevated and supported on pillows just to do a few minutes of walking in place (I feel so ridiculous when I do it and then my pain increases for the next couple of days.) I know it's a pretty silly thing to want, but those are a couple of things I really miss. I'd love to reduce my meds, get more active and actually go out without a lot of planning. The main physical benefit I'm looking for is relief from the burning. Did that get reduced for you? Thanks so much for being open with your experience, and sharing your hope and encouragement.
sukadog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (01-28-2010), loretta (01-28-2010)