View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Garbapentin vs. Lyrica

Hi All
First time for me writing here, I have a nerve damage. Its in my nerve center. I have problems in my right arm, both hands and my back due to the damage.

I had for the last 2 years both Garbapentin and Lyrica.

Both medications can be used for nerve damage, but with my "experience" Lyrica are a far better medication, or at least with less side effects. My doctor wants me to quit with lyrica, and go for Garbapentin, but I think I will ask to change for Lyrica instead. (and drop Garbapentin from my medical list).
The medication are more expensive, cost here like 1 x lyrica for 10x garbapentin. - But I do belive it can be worth it, if Lyrica are better medication then im willing to change, I only have one life, at least what i can be sure of

For now i take:
3x300 mg Garbapentin 3 times a day
2x150 mg Lyrica 2 times a day
1x50 mg Diklofenak 3 times a day
2x50 mg Tramadol/Tradolan 3 times a day
2x250 mg Paraflex 3 times a day

Then I often have mega pain in my brain, for that i do take up to 8 Treo like 4-5 times pr. week.

Side effects of all this:
Blood pressure got very high, almost critical (might have to take medication for that as well).
Waight increese 20+ kg. in the last two years. (since i got my damage)
Feels foggy, sometimes like high feever without temp.
Nose blood.
Dizzyness, and can be very tired very fast, not easy to ex. to drive a car, watch a tv program etc.

the list goes on...

My question here is, any chance that Lyrica (without Garbapentin), can remove that dizzyness, or take out some of my "brain killers"... As far as i could see there have been more people here that had problems with concentration, and yes I have big problems with that. (never had that before).
Forgotten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote