Thread: Prednisone
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Oh, Wow.... that sounds like a nightmare.

Feel free to read here at your leisure, when you feel like it.

It really bothers me to read your experience. I attended a pain conference this Spring for medical professionals given by a
tertiary headache/neurology group and they were mentioning that the Chiari surgery should not be done unless extreme symptoms warrant it. They were seeing many patients at their special practice with increased head pain/headache.

So I sure do hope you get better. I'll be reading your posts!

My best wishes to you.
When a Incidential finding on a brain MRI said I had a Chiari, I thought for sure this was the source of my arm pain,, I knew then I had PN in the legs from the biopsy,, I never had teh headaches like a true Chiari,, but again,, I prayed this was the source of my problems, so off I went to the Neuros,, and they told me after a CINE MRI,, that I did have reduced flow , and they recommended that I have surgery but also said that it might not get rid of the arm pain,, they were right,, and now I;m left with a pretty good scar,, and worse for wear,, and your right,, unless your eyeballs are coming out of your head,, then never get the Chiari surgery,, I have seen people on other boards BEG for it,,
Feel the Burn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote