View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been reading, and even tho my back is sore from surgery, I just had to add my 2cents worth. As you know, I have had 2 units. It did, for me, cause the rsd to spread. I loved the trial, but never was happy with the perm. THe first one I had, the leads pulled out, and the battery started to rotate and caused a lost of pain. I now have the pain pump, and I'm the happiest I have been since I developed this monster 5 years ago. I had the trial in Dec 1st. in hospital for 5 days. That's when we discovered I'm allergic to Morphine. (good thing to know). They switched me to Diluidad which worked great. I now have the perm unit and it only involved a small cut in my back where they put both the caths and the resivouir. I'm off all oral meds except for percocet which I have for surgical pain. I've had no problems at all and I feel almost like I did before the rsd hit. With the scs I was told I couldn't ride my horses, had to be careful doing barn work, etc. with the pump, I can do almost anything. I do thing bungie jumping is off limits. As there are no leads to pull out I don't have to worry about doing everyday things. for me, everyday things, include riding my horses, running around on the tractor, lifting 50 lbs feed bags and 80 lb bales of hay. I was not going to be able to do any of that with the scs. I'll be riding by summer. yeah..........