View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

We have piliated woodpeckers that nest upNorth.

I have a picture of them in my album and also in the photo blog that is separate. It is very hard to get a picture of THEM.

We saw Sandhill Cranes whooping it up across the bay one summer. Their noises were amazing. We thought they were teaching their nestlings how to catch food. whoop whoop.
Could only watch thru Binos.

We have had eagles now for about 6 yrs. I saw a young one trying to manage a snake it had plucked off a rock, one day. A large garter. We also have Great Blue Herons, and also Night herons, up there. Last year the little birds were scarce. But the large ones were plentiful. I have to admit it is difficult now watching the eagles catch the ducks and mergansers. It is noisey and not always a quick catch. I watched one family get decimated 2 summers ago. The resulting chicks took a week to find new parents. The mergansers will adopt, and that is fortunate!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote