View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default primary reading epilepsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyJoy View Post
seizures resulting from reading are pretty scary .It isnt the most common type of epilepsy but it is what I have.

Im 20 years old and I am going to school to be a hair stylist (I dont have to read as much as a regular college student but I still have to read and I still enjoy reading books that have nothing to do with school)

anyways, heres my question/thoughts/feelings/concerns...you get it.

I wanted to know if anyone else has this.
when I read, I get these twitches in my jaw, which occasionally...if I continue to read, will turn into a seizure. It is especially bad if I am reading out loud. It sounds like I have a speech impediment. It really scares me when I get these twitches and I have to immediately stop reading when they start. It gives me anxiety and they need to stop. I wanted to know if anyone else has these twitches with their primary reading epilepsy or anything similar

I mean seriously, its not like I can avoid reading so I want to get all the information I can and see if anyone else understands or has experienced this.

thanks
-haley
I have it too. I am a foreign language interpreter and it causes problems when i am sleep deprived or hungover (so I stopped drinking a couple of weeks ago) I hear Valproate ior Clonazepam is good for it. My neurologist doesn't believe I have it, even though the EEG proved it when it only showed abnormality when I was reading. But it happens at my work too. I try to disguise it by speaking slowly and trying not to concentrate too had when I feel my jaw jerks, but it'[s embarassing when people think you're stutering. Gotta go. Talk later maybe. Let me know if you found a solution. I know yoour post was a long time ago. bye.
nald is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote