Thread: Newbie here
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lee..Im a sort of BrainTalk refugee myself..I post mostly on the Parkinsons forum, but I will check in here

Ive been doing ok, very active in AA and in the Parkinsons community..I was invited to Congressman Jim Lagevins press conference this past Tuesday an made a short speech about what the recently passed stem cell legislation means to the Parkinsons community..I was nervous for 3 days prior to the conference..I can speak in front of 200 alcoholics, but to speak at a political press conference I was shaking in my boots..Then while I was sitting there waiting for my turn to speak I remembered that this wasnt about me..and if not for the grace of God and AA, I wouldnt have been sitting there, and realized that being invited to that press conference was an unmerited gift of sobriety..Had I not found AA I would instead be the guy you see being arrained in court in pajamas, handcuffs, whiskey hairdo, bloodshot eyes, and 5 o'clock shadow

Life is good!