View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 10:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much Bryanna. You make me feel a lot better about my situation and make me feel justified, in well, the way I feel since this doctor clearly wants me to think I'm crazy.

It is not a free clinic, in fact it is a upper class Oral Surgery practice where my surgeon is the 3rd partner (or maybe not even, his name is on the title though). Right now I'm feeling good, it's post op day 14 and I can open my jaw about 75% of the way I could before surgery and the pain is all but gone. I just finished my last dose of clindamycin but I have also been taking colloidal silver, olive leaf extract, and Vit C religiously. I also have a waterpik and have been putting periogard in it and irrigating the wound area.

The hard swelling is still about a minimum of 60% of it's maximum, honestly it might even be 90% which is the most scary to me. I had an appointment with the surgeon on post op day 13 (yesterday) and it went pretty well, he said "I really turned the corner" and he answered most of my questions. Seems like the better condition I'm in the better treatment I get, but as soon as anyhting goes wrong he refuses to acknowledge it. In any case I asked him exactly what the hard swelling is and he said "it's just stuff left over from the infection", so I think he basically has no idea. I questioned him because I said if it is from the infection, how is it going to go away on its own and won't it just reinfect me once I'm off antibiotics? He said it would just go away and it won't. I have an appointment for post op day 21.

I also read another one of your posts where you recommended The dental organization IAOMT.org. I did some research and found a practitioner in my area and I will likely pursue a CAT scan of the lump area and make an appointment with a participating provider. Thanks so much for the help, I will keep posting updates on my situation for follow up purposes!
JWangSDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote