View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Occipital Neuralgia

Hi All,

My name is Amy, and I am here because of my husband. He developed a headache on Sept 1, 1997, and has had one every day since. He has had every kind of drug, injections except Botox which he is having on Monday.
His neurologist doen't think that the Botox will work work but all the medications that my husband has been on has pretty much destroyed his stomach and don't work anyway. My husband has taken himself off the fentynal 50 patch, he is now at 12 mcg and will be done with them completly by Saturday. The fentynal patches helped some and made it so he could work, but they stopped working and he was developing a rash under the patches.

Something that we did find that helped some along with being on the patch was working with a Chiro that does NUCCA adjustments.

NUCCA stands for National Upper Cervicial Care Association.
The whole NUCCA process is very different then most Chiro adjustments.
The Chiro that first worked with my husband, had a couple of diaginostic (sp??) moves and then did X-Ray that looked at the neck in ways that had not been done in all the previous tests, MDI, CT, X-Rays.
For those of you who have developed headaches after a whiplash injury, and especially if none of the more conventional treatments have worked, you may find some help with a NUCCA doctor.

Has anyone else had the Botox injections, and if so how long did it take for it to take effect, any side effects at the injection sites, and how lond did they last between injections?

Thank you for have a site where hopefully someone can shed some light on a miserable and life changing problem.

Amy
harleychick2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote