View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lsb?

I have a request/suggestion to make in general.

I know that many of us have a hard time typing. But there are times when I am confused by the "alphabet soup" of abbreviations and acronyms. When I make a reference like this, I try to spell it out the first time, so others know what I am talking about. For example:

“My doctor asked if I can tell the difference between the pain of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) in my hand. He ruled out the possibility of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) with a Computed Tomography (CT) scan. Because of the spinal cord stimulator (SCS) implant, he cannot do a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scan.”

While many of us know all of these letter-codes, someone might look at the same paragraph and go “HUH?” if it read:

“My doctor asked if I can tell the difference between the pain of RSD and RA in my hand. He ruled out the possibility of CTS with CT. Because of the spinal cord stimulator SCS implant, he cannot do a MRI.”

I bring this up because when I saw LSB, the only thing I could think of was “Linux Standard Base” – a computer operating system. I am guessing it might be Lumbar Surgical Block?
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote