View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I know, but how low is all this going to get? Cripes, when I did triathlons, and was buff, I had trouble keeping a cholesterol total below 180....my glucose ran lower, but I couldn't keep up eating what I needed. I just wonder if any of this is driven by the desire to create a demand for drugs, as some one mentioned. I know of stellar athletes who dropped dead of heart attacks, and people who needed to lose 100 pounds keep plugging away.

I wonder if we don't drive ourselves nuts with all this.

My GP wants me on a statin....I have refused up to now, because I already have myopathy and neuropathy....how miserably do I want to live??? I can have a great cholesterol level and be in a wheel chair! I admit lately my diet been too much high fructose corn syrup, so I need to clean that up. I am not going to be running or cycling long distances anymore, but I admit, I need to walk more. I just loathe being fully upright these days, not to mention it is freakin cold where I live and I am an hour from a mall for walking. Yes, I did buy a treadmill which I call 'the rack'. I have a genetically low HDL. No matter how hard I pounded myself, it never exceeded 46. My hubby sits on his duff and his is 60.

I should just start eating a clove of garlic a day...keeps the vampires away...and any one else too. The perfect solution for any one with social phobia.

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote