View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I miss my cleaning service. Not that I had it for long.....maybe 2 months. I just can't afford that expense.

I do my own cleaning now. A little at a time. I miss having a totally clean house all at once but that's just not a reality for me anymore. Plus, I find that if I clean as I go things don't get so dirty. Since it's just me here most of the time anyway it does manage to stay clean longer.

I was thinking yesterday that I might call the service again to see what they'd charge me just to clean my bathroom. It's as big as my spare bedroom...even bigger than my kitchen was at my former house! I love it but it's just so hard to keep the white tile floor clean. And I don't use the spa tub at all.....but it collects dust and hair. It's the perfect bathroom for someone with a handicap except for the cleaning part. Oh well, nobody ever sees it but me...and the cats.

I would think that right now....with unemployment being at an all time high.....people would be doing a better job just to keep what jobs they have. But.....not too many can afford a cleaning service when they're out of work, either.

Good luck....I hope this time it works out for you!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (01-29-2010), SallyC (01-29-2010)