View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I think the Kindle for PC download has been available since at least sometime around Thanksgiving.

I've had it on my laptop for several months now.

I tend to use my actual Kindles a bit more, but it is nice to have it on my laptop. I can download book samples to whichever Kindle or the laptop and sample the books before actually buying.

Amazon has free books too...a lot of them on the Bestselling list. (new books, not just out-of-copyright books!) Some of them are pretty good. You do have to look for them sometimes, but if you go to their Bestsellers list, you can scroll thru it and look for the free books. Sometimes if they're from a famous author (like Harry Turtledove) they become a "Bestseller" pretty quick. I've gotten at least 10 books from various authors like that.

There's also a few blogs around that like to post announcements for the free books. I dont know the URLs, but you can probably Google for something like that.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote