View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 04:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default C5-6 Spur removal

I am scheduled for surgery on Friday 1/26/07, to fix a spur at c5-6. After listening to the Doctor's it sounded like it would be a fairly simple procedure that would eliminate the pain that runs from my neck down my right arm to the tips of my thumb and pointer finger. After reading some of these posts I am beginning to wonder how long recovery really takes and if the pain will really be gone.
My pain came on in 3 days time and has been aching now for almost 6 weeks. I would really like to hear some feedback on how you are feeling now after the twelve week period in which you are required to wear your brace and collar. The bone they are using to fuse in will come from my hip which they say is the better way to go than to use a cadabber bone. Feedback?
Not looking forward to trying to sleep comfortably with the collar or even using the restroom. How did you manage that? I am 6'6 and 300#'s and I detect a little difficulty. I will get some practice in once my collars are fitted on Tuesday before surgery. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
Tripn
Tripn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote