View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We have a cleaning lady. After using one service and getting stuff stolen once by someone from that service. We hired a second cleaning service. We went thru about 4 or 5 cleaners from the second place.

The first girl was probably the best cleaner, she was going to school and student teaching, and when she graduated she quit the cleaning service. The next cleaner from that place was obviously not from this country, and I dont think she had a green card. She carried 3 cellphones and was constantly talking on one while the other two rang off the hook.

That made me think she was a drug dealer or something. Glad I hadnt been diagnosed with MS yet, so I didnt have 50 bottles sitting next to my bed then, and my dad always kept my mom's bottle of Oxycodone on him so that my mom didnt eat her pills like candy, otherwise I think that cleaning lady would have been using our house as a resupply station.

That particular cleaner got fired when was apparently having a bad day with whoever it was that called her on her 3 cellphones. She was yelling in Spanish to whoever it was, and getting really angry. She was slamming things down on our counters and I dont think she was doing much cleaning during all the slamming of things. We talked to her boss, and apparently she'd had a bunch of complaints about this girl, so our complaint was the one that sent the boss over the edge and the girl got fired.

Scared the crap out of my mom and I when the fired girl showed up the next morning, saying that she'd clean our house for us cheaper, and I was quite creeped out how she kept her hand in her pocket, holding...something (maybe a screwdriver?) She stepped into our house, and was talking to us, and seemed a bit agitated. My internal warning sirens were going insane. I told her that I'd have to ask my dad since he made all the decisions, and that seemed to satisfy her, she gave us her phone number and left.

I then called the girl's former boss and told her about the visit. If the fired girl was just going around to houses she'd cleaned, actually looking for work and not so mad at people for her getting fired, that's still really rude to the owner of the cleaning company, and not really good business.

We had two more cleaners that started out good, but they started getting distracted and slacking off. (one of them I think was getting ill with something...I think she mentioned Sjogren's Syndrome...so not her fault)

We finally got the owner of that cleaning company to clean our house for us instead of sending us an employee. We've found that having the owner of the company doing the cleaning, you end up with the best cleaner that way. (previous company that cleaned for us, the owners would clean our house occasionally too...those were the best cleanings)

So, we've had the owner of the current cleaning company doing our house for a couple of years. She hasnt been too bad, altho I did have to remind her about the whole dirty towel cleaning the toilet needs to not touch my bathroom sink. (she uses paper towels for that now)

When I did my room remodel, I gave her my old desk cabinet that's made out of particle board. I'm still waiting for her to pick it up, but she's having problems finding someone to help her carry it out of my house. (we've had 6 feet of snow on our patio since the week after I offered it to her, otherwise she could have gotten it out of the house on our dolly herself.) I wish she could find someone to help her move it out, because it's cluttering up our basement. I cant wait for all the snow to melt, because then I'll get the dolly, and my boyfriend and his roommate and then will have them get it up to the front yard for me, so I can call the cleaning lady and tell her to come over and get it while my BF is there to help.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (01-29-2010)