View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to this forum

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum (not Brantialk, just reregistered - lost my password). I have had "paiin" for 8 years, was initially diagnosed with arthritis and was only properly (I hope!) diagnosed with Fibro about a year ago. I am also Bipolar and take Lamictal, Zoloft and Restoril. My first med trials were Prednisone (agitating), Plaquinil (zombie!), Lyrica (sped up the nervous system too much and HORRIBLE to come off of). So now I am on a trial of Neurontin. Have heard it cause bad weight gain and hair loss (I asked about this in my other thread). Are these standard meds the docs start with? He suggested Methotrexate but I refused after I saw the side effects! I experience almost constant pain in my back and neck, sometimes it gives me headaches. It is worse in the cold/rain. I would say on a scale of 10 I live at a constant 6 at least. I do get fatigued alot and can't do the normal long day of most people. Are these the classic symptoms? I don't know what other symptoms I might have that are fibro related, because the fibro diagnosis is fairly new to me. Is there anything else I can be doing to feel better besides medication? Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!
Rainbowlight2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote