Thread: Stim and Ice
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I've been reading up some more on RSD. I never ice my ankle at home (I did way back in the beginning when they were just having me treated for a sprain but then I noticed the pain was only worse so I stopped) but at physical therapy they always do electronic stimulation (stim) and ice at the end of each session. I have noticed that the stim seems to help more than anything else that I have had for the pain, but the ice always bothers me. Lately I have been feeling the pain almost immediately after the stim is over with (by the time I get to my car in the parking lot). Is this because of the ice? Should I tell them not to do the ice? I will ask the question when I go in today but I was wondering what everyone here thought.
Hi Catra, I agree, NO ICE EVER_ Also when I was diagnosed with RSD, after the confirmation studies, the ortho doc order physical therapy and a Tens Unit. Insurance Paid for it. It really helped me. Also I did massage therapy weekly, which helped a lot and I did home therapy. I took several plastic bowls and put different textures into the bowls. cotton balls, fabric pieces, sugar, coffee grounds, rice, beans That helps desensitize you to be able to withstand touch. It's important. Also swimming pool was a huge force in keeping me mobile. Water needs to be 86 degrees. I have had this 15 years and fully mobile except my left hand -had wrong diagnosis and delayed treatment. It was frozen flat and I hot about half of use of fingers back.
Welcome to Neurotalk, You'll find so many kind, compassionate frineds here. Your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (01-29-2010), catra121 (01-29-2010)